Monday, March 7, 2011

Survival at Sea

Intro:
  • Given a situation of being on a life boat at sea with 15 items
  • Told to organize them 1-15 making 1 most important to 15 as least important
My top two choices:
  • shaving mirror
  • water
My teams choices:
  • My group and I agreed that food and water was top priority
  • My group thought that the fishing kit and misquote net were pretty high while i didn't
  • another thing that my group ranked differently than me was the shaving mirror (could be used as a signal for help by reflecting sunlight)
  • We ranked gasoline similar because it could be used as a signal for help
  • The group decided how to rank items by discussing what uses they could give and what was right for the situation
Expert Prioritization:

  • shaving mirror, water, food, gasoline were ranked at the top
  • The top priorities focused on essentials to survive and call for help
  • I thought there were no surprises between the group list and actual
  • I put more weight into experimental data because it actual proves that your theory or theories will work

1 comment:

  1. Great graphic for this post!

    Great use of bullet points to quickly break out your concepts. Make sure you address all the questions though!

    ReplyDelete